About the Company
Insight Institute, Inc.
- We strive to challenge and improve the personality assessment business. Our key product, the INSIGHT Inventory, is based on Kurt Lewin’s “field theory.” This sociological approach holds that most personality assessments don’t actually predict behavior very well and instead the force field of the environment has the most impact and should be emphasized more than traits.
- We created the INSIGHT Inventory to assess how the user’s behavior changes from one environment to another and shift the conversation to team interaction rather than individual members’s traits.
- We reversed the traditional required certification approach to being qualified to using an assessment to providing a free, online 24/7 Facilitator Center that includes all the tutorial videos, presentation slides, activities and video tutorials needed to make their presentations and team coaching sessions a success.
- We look at behavioral differences between environments, and strive to eliminate the use of personality trait stereotypes.
- We take users out of the box rather than putting them in one or giving them a color, quotient, or label.
- We focus on how people are different in various settings and how, when, and why they change their behavior rather than trying to predict behavior in all situations..
- We don’t believe in categorizing people with codes, colors, stereotypes or quotients.
- We view the purpose of assessments as opening conversations, helping users discover and share more about their strengths and see the best in themselves and others.
We ask the hard questions about personality assessment.These include:
- If two people have the same personality then, why do they behave differently in various situations?
- Is the environment (with its force field of pressures, stresses, and opportunities) more important than personality traits in understanding behavior?
- If team engagement is the goal, then can training have value if the team does not see each other’s strengths?
- Are we frequently assessing the wrong thing, thinking it is all about behavior when actually it may be primarily about environment?
Who we are.
- Insight Institute, Inc. is first, a research and publishing company that develops positive strengths-based personality assessment and team engagement activities. Secondarily, we are a talent development consulting firm that provides train-the-trainer resources to help talent development professionals and coaches create dynamic, results-driven programs that help users communicate and work more effectively together. We publish the INSIGHT Inventory strengths-based personality assessment and help others implement it in their organizations.